Turmeric Yellow, Red & Green Miso Soup with Okra Recipe
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2-3
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 round tomatoes diced
- 1 medium red potato cut into 8-10 cubes
- 8 okra pieces sliced up
- 4 cups natural spring water
- 1/4 tbsp sea salt
- Turn the stove to medium heat and set the pot with the coconut oil, olive oil and diced onion and tomatoes on top for about 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir around to heat all up evenly.
- Add a few drops of water and put in the miso and the okra pieces along with the black pepper, the cayenne pepper and the turmeric. Cook all on medium-low for about 2 minutes then add the potatoes and the rest of the water. Stir around evenly, set heat to LOW and close pot for 5-7 minutes.
- Open pot and stir around evenly then close pot again for another 5-7 minutes.
- Re-open pot and stir around evenly then take one piece of POTATO out to test for readiness. Close pot again after for another 3-7 minutes depending on stove level and/or how ready the potatoes are.
- Once potatoes are fully cooked and soft to-the-touch, turn heat off and get a Serving spoon.
- Sprinkle sea salt to taste on top of your favorite bowl (or cup) and sip sip sip.
For a little more spice and flavor, consider adding a diced hot pepper like jalapeno or chili pepper (or your favorite pepper that you'd like to try and compliment this dish with). Enjoy <3